The Oncology Department aims to provide evidence based treatment of cancers related to the female reproductive system.
This includes cancer of the
- Fallopian tube
- Primary peritoneal cancer (PPC)
Our repertoire of Surgical Procedures include
- Laparoscopic minimal invasive surgery in GYN cancers
- Fertility preserving surgery in GYN cancers
- Breast conserving surgeries
- Modified Radical and Radical mastectomy with immediate or delayed reconstruction.
- Radical hysterectomy
- Radical type C1 nerve sparing hysterectomy
- Debulking surgeries for advanced ovarian malignancies
- Wide Local Excision of Vulvar tumors
- Radical vulvectomy
- Sentinel lymph node detection
- Pelvic and paraaortic lymph node dissection
- Inguinal lymph node dissection
We believe in
- Multidisciplinary Management of cancer and we emphasize on Screening, Early detection and Organ conserving procedures.
- Laparoscopic minimal invasive surgery in GYN cancers and we are able to offer surgical procedures with shorter hospital stays and faster recovery time for gynaecological cancer patients.
- Day-care Surgical Programs with the benefit of undergoing surgery without hospital stay
- Early Detection of Cancer (EDC) the backbone of Womens Cancer Care. Early cancer detection translates to better survival as well as limiting the morbidity of advanced surgeries. Breast cancer is one of the most common cancers affecting women. With our clinical expertise and evidence based approach to Screening for Womens Cancer, early detection of breast cancer ensures a breast conserving approach in such cases.
- Risk Reducing Surgeries. Cancer is associated with certain genes which run in the family. Such patients with an affected gene are more prone to develop cancer and that too at an earlier age. Our policy to offer counselling and genetic testing to our patients with a history of cancer in their family goes a long way in helping to detect precancerous lesions as well as early detection of cancers. Based on our risk assessment of the family genetic profile, Risk Reducing Surgeries, a proven method of combating cancer, is advised.
We strive to offer the best to our patients and the Department of Breast & GYN Oncologycatersto the large female population referred here seeking comprehensive Womens Cancer Care.